Unattended Candles Blamed for House Fire

Investigators say unattended candles caused a house that displaced a Waterloo, family from their home.

The - Courier reports that the started Saturday morning and caused an estimated $20,000 in damage.

Battalion Chief Mike Jenn says residents won’t be able to return to the home for some time. Jenn says the candles were left unattended, and the flames jumped to nearby furnishings. The then spread into the attic.

The started about 6:30 a.m.

Joseph Warren, a neighbor, says his friend and his friend’s mother live together in the home. Both escaped without injury.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Protected with IP Blacklist CloudIP Blacklist Cloud

If you need more information, email info@edwin-claudeinc.com
or call 314-993-2266.

[cjtoolbox name='Bootstrap-Load']

Log In

Create an account